Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Yesterday must have been a day of evaluation and refocus for many within the weight loss blogosphere. After writing about my desire for fresh motivation and reevaluation, I read many similar posts by various bloggers. For some, I think the New Year’s resolutions are beginning to chaff and wane. For others, I think this will be something we will be doing again and again for the rest of our lives. Once the weight is off and our goals are met, we will have to keep returning to the fount hoping to find that motivation that got us here in the first place. I truly hope with all my heart, mind, and body that I am in this second camp of lifelong members.

This morning I popped The 30 Day Shred into the DVD player and worked out to Level 2. I hate to give Jillian Michaels any credit because of her recent endorsement of diet supplements (pills) which I think is very irresponsible of her, but I love that I first was introduced to walking push-ups through this DVD. The first few times I did this exercise, I couldn’t believe my body was working this way. I have moments like that all the time during yoga. I do a routine that takes me through a number of stretches and while my body is bending in new ways I can’t believe I am doing it.

This winter my scant collection of workout DVDs has been worn out. I realized yesterday how bored I was becoming with the exercise routines I’ve been doing. I can’t wait until it is warm enough to go out and exercise. I have a secret dream of running, but I am not sure how to get started. Maybe this spring/summer of 2010 will be my time to run!

Before workout breakfast:
1/2 a frozen banana – 100 calories

Post workout breakfast:
Breakfast cookie – 300 calories

Last night I made this cookie using 1/3 cup of whole oats, teaspoon of natural peanut butter, teaspoon of light brown sugar, teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa, and 1/2 of a banana, and popped it into the fridge overnight.

After breakfast and attempting to finish a paper on Goethe’s Faust (I am a fulltime student majoring in English and about 30 hours from completion of my BA. Yay!) I did 20 minutes of yoga.

I may fit in another yoga session this evening to help me unwind after my Girl Scout Troop meets. Cookie time is not my favorite time of year.

Snack:
1 whole wheat cracker smeared with a tablespoon of part skim ricotta cheese and a teaspoon of strawberry preserves – 100

Lunch:
Cup of Veggie Chowder – 200 calories

Tuna salad on two corn tortillas – 200

Lunch was so filling! This was a lot of food for just 400 calories. I made my tuna salad using light chunk tuna and a tablespoon of garlic and cucumber Greek yogurt. The chowder was still wonderful the second day.

Snack:
1/2 Kashi bar and glass of unsweetened iced tea – about 100 calories

Dinner:
Small baked chicken breast (about 4 oz.) – 200

Spinach side salad with sprouts and ranch salad spritzer – 100

Cup of Veggie Chowder – 200

After dinner snack/dessert:
3/4 cup of vanilla yogurt with plain peaches and strawberries – 250

Total:
1750 calories

No comments: