Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Freedom

Today was a victory that I am only now fully appreciating.

This morning I awoke feeling awful. I have been feeling badly for a few days and blaming it on bad sleep. However, when I checked my blood pressure per doctor’s orders my heart rate was below 50. My pressure was something like 111/60, but the low heart rate was what concerned me.

For the last few days my heart rate has been around 56 or 57, but yesterday it was twice checked at 52 and this morning finally dropped to 49. Anyway, a trip to the doctor today confirmed that I am so over hypertension medication. They took them away! I am free of meds! Free!

My doctor was tickled. I mean fists above her head, arms in the shape of a ‘V’ tickled. I was happy, but felt too unwell to properly show it. I was trembling and dizzy. I am finally now enjoying my small victory.

Oh, and all of my blood work from last week was finished and my cholesterol, triglycerides count, everything is perfect. I am healthy! After a good night’s sleep, I will feel like a goddess.

Before work out:
1/4 cantaloupe with 1 tablespoon almond butter – 200 calories

Breakfast:
Overnight oats – 300 calories

Lunch was awesome:
Grilled cheese on whole wheat with low cal cheese and bell peppers, crispy kale, and a side of bell peppers with 2 tablespoons hummus for dipping – 400

I made my crispy kale by coating bite size pieces of kale with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar mixed with a teaspoon of olive oil and then baking at 350 for 20 minutes. Halfway through the process I shook the baking sheet to make sure that all the kale became equally crispy. After baking I seasoned with sea salt. These were surprisingly good (at least I was surprised). I was offering a piece to everyone in the house exclaiming, “Try these! They’re so surprisingly good!”

Dinner:
Roasted potato and peppers with a cup of vegetarian chili and 1/2 cup plain yogurt – 700

Dessert:
Whole wheat toast with 1 teaspoon almond butter – 100

Total: 1700

No comments: