Thursday, February 11, 2010

Before workout:
1/2 frozen banana – 100 calories

This morning I did 2 segments from The Shred Level 2 and 2 segments from level 3 plus the warm-up and cool-down. It is snowing here, so I suppose I had better get happy about DVD workouts for a little longer.

Breakfast:
Breakfast cookie – 300 calories

This is my current favorite made using 1/3 cup of whole oats, teaspoon of natural peanut butter, teaspoon of light brown sugar, teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa, and 1/2 of a banana.

Snack:
Chocolate covered soy nuts – 100

These chocolate covered soy nuts actually come in the little 100 calorie snack packs. One thing that I am learning from blogging about my daily meals and snacks is that processed food is still a part of my diet almost every day. The cereal bars and snacks I eat often contain corn syrup and other nefarious or unnatural ingredients. I’ve made a world of progress since I started this process in May of last year, but I would like to work harder in the future to make my diet even cleaner.

Lunch:
3/4 cup of bran flakes with 1/2 cup skim milk – 135 calories

Dinner:
Salmon steak, 1 ½ cups of brown rice, small spinach salad – 500

Dessert:
Ice cream cake – 600 calories or more

Yeah, this birthday celebration sent me back to work out hard for another 40 minutes. I knew the party was coming, so I ate fewer calories throughout the day and the additional work out felt good. I may try to fit an hour and half in more often.

Total: 1735, but maybe more

No comments: