Thursday, February 18, 2010

I now own new running shoes. Spending money is sort of a commitment for me. If I pay for something, I am motivated to use it. I know I can do this. There is a casual marathon that takes place in late summer in a city near where I live. As soon as the snow melts, I will begin preparing. Well, actually preparation has already begun; that’s what the new shoes and online research is all about. ;)

My hamstrings are killing me and I hope they do not hold me back. I started jump training last week to “ramp up my metabolism” and the work out is causing my thigh muscles to hurt badly. I just hope that this doesn’t mean that pain in my hamstrings is some weakness or defect that will hinder my running aspirations.

Before work out:
1/2 of a banana with 1 teaspoon natural peanut butter on whole wheat flat bread – 200 calories

Breakfast:
1/3 cup oats mixed with 1/2 of a banana, cinnamon, nutmeg, 1 teaspoon brown sugar – 250

Snack:
1/2 lemon Lunar bar – 100

Lunch:
PB & J on whole wheat with crispy kale – 400

Snack:
Snack size Snickers bar, a couple conversation hearts (V Day just never really ends) – 100

Dinner:
Chicken soup – 200

Carrots with 2 ½ tablespoons of hummus – 200

Dessert:
Pumpkin yogurt – 200

Pumpkin yogurt is made with 1/4 cup plain canned pumpkin and 3/4 cup vanilla yogurt with a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg.

Total: 1650

No comments: