Monday, February 15, 2010

The Last Twenty

I have lost to date 70 pounds. My scale has refused to budge for 4 weeks or so. I need to lose just 20 more pounds to be considered within my healthy weight range for my height. It comes down to this. I am redoubling my efforts. I am determined. I am even joining a group similar to Weight Watchers at my church. Let’s see where this takes us.

Before work out:
Slices of apple salted and wrapped in spinach leaves – 100 calories

Today was a difficult day to get started. I think I have caffeine withdrawal after staying at the Baby Boomers’ Paradise that is my mom’s and dad’s home. Much like chain smokers who light up as they extinguish, they grind the beans as they drink the last remaining cup in the pot. It is high priced, gourmet stuff and it flows like milk and honey for my entire visit leaving me deliciously wired.

Breakfast after working out:
Overnight oats – 300 calories

I think I got this recipe here. Last night I mixed 1/3 cup oats with 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 1/8 cup skim milk, 1 teaspoon almond butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, 1 teaspoon brown sugar, and a few raisins and then stored it in the fridge overnight.

Snack:
1 piece whole wheat bread with less than a teaspoon of almond butter – 100

Lunch was a processed mess.

Lunch:
Weight Watchers burrito – 220

Low cal vitamin water – 25

These were leftovers from about 3 months ago before I became serious about eating cleaner. I do not intend to bring any more frozen diet goodies into my house. I have found that when one eats fewer calories it becomes even more imperative that every bite offer nutrition. Low calorie burritos will not ruin you, but is it really the best you can offer your body?

Dinner:
Baked chicken breast, Jasmine rice, roasted veggies – 700

Dinner was good, but the rice was extremely high in calories.

Dessert:
1/3 cup ricotta cheese and peaches – 200

Total: 1645

No comments: