Monday, October 18, 2010

Today I am feeling firsthand why it is so direly important that I take better care of myself. I only made it through 20 minutes of working out. After eating around 1000 calories each day for 3 days and not exercising for 2 weeks, believe me, I feel it. I am still considering this a step in the right direction and after a good night of sleep and eating regularly for a few days, I will feel stronger.

A lot of people online workout more than I do, but I cannot keep up what I was doing. I must find moderation. Since I began exercising, I have always hit it hard and burned it out leaving myself drenched and exhausted. When I have lapsed in my routine, the first few days actually make me feel better. I have to find the moderation to pursue a routine that allows me to feel improved by physical activity.

I spoke to my doctor about this. She has advised me to only workout for 30 minutes, 5 days a week or 40-45 for 4 days. She said that I should use a couple of days to do moderate exercise and couple for intense. I had been working out 5 days a week intensely. I am going back to morning exercise because getting it done in the morning allows me to feel freer for the rest of the day. Also, I am seeking fun in my routine. I love running, but each day I pushed myself to run farther and faster than the day before. I cannot keep competing with myself in this way. I just want to move and I want to enjoy doing it.

I am still learning. With each blunder, I learn what not to do. I am learning about myself. I feel physically badly right now and emotionally drained, but I am learning and I see nothing except positive things coming from this.

No comments: